wemc.smarthub.coop – Pay your Wake Electric Bill Online
About Wake Electric Bill Payment Guide:
Wake Electric Cooperative is an electric utility company, owned by the consumer members. It is a non-profit electric utility with a customer service center located at download Wake Forest. They serve throughout the Durham, Franklin, Nash, Vance, and Wake counties within North Carolina.
How to Pay Wake Electric Bill
Wake Electric offers several payment options to the customers to make payment for the utility bill. Here are the following payment options are available to pay your bill:
Pay Wake Electric Bill via Online Payment Method:
Through the online payment method, you can easily make the bill payment. To make the payment you must have to sign up for SmartHub online access. You can visit the Wake Electric website to complete the sign-up process. If you already completed the sign up for online access, follow these simple steps to complete your bill payment:
- You need to visit this link wemc.smarthub.coop.
- Then, on the provided field, enter your E-Mail Address and Password.
- After providing your log-in details, you need to select the Login button.
- Then, follow the steps further to make your utility bill payment.
Pay Wake Electric Bill by Guest Pay:
You can also pay your Wake Electric bill through Wake Electric’s Pay Now site. It is a very easy bill payment option without registration. Also, there is no requirement for login. You will only require your account number and last name or business name to make the payment. To make the payment for your utility bill, follow these simple steps:
- You have to click on this link wemc.smarthub.coop/PayNow.
- Then, on the first field, input the Wake Electric Account Number.
- Enter your Last Name or Business Name in the text field.
- After providing all the required details, you need to select the Submit button.
- Then, you have to follow the on-screen instructions to make the payment.
Pay Wake Electric Bill at MoneyGram Location:
Make the real-time payment for your Wake Electric bill with the MoneyGram payment locations. Through the United States, there are more than 40,000 MoneyGram located are located. MoneyGram payment locations are mainly located at retailer stores like Walmart, CVS, and many more locations. To find out your nearest MoneyGram locations, follow these simple steps:
- You need to visit the MoneyGram site at moneygram.com/BillPayLocations.
- Then, simply click on the Find a Location option on the main menu.
- You have to provide address, city, zip, or postal code on the respected fields.
- After providing your address, you have to click on the Search icon.
- It will show you your nearest MoneyGram locations.
You have to fill out a blue form at the Walmart location. At CVS, you can use a kiosk or phone service. You can choose a PIN debit option or cash payment at the Walmart location. You should also know that the CVS, only accepts the payment in form of cash. For making payment through the MoneyGram location, you have to pay a transaction fee of $1.50 per transaction.
Also Read : How to Pay Willmar Municipal Utilities Bill
Pay Wake Electric Bill by Bank Draft:
Save money and time with the Wake Electric Bank Draft program. You can pay your utility bill with the Bank Draft program. You can save time to write or mail a check. You will get to choose three dates for your account to be drafted. If you choose 4th, then the dates will be 20th, 27th, or 4th. If you choose 11th, then it will be 27th, 6th, or 11th. 18th will be the date of 6th, 13th, or 18th. If you select the 25th, then your draft dates will be the 13th, 20th, or 25th. To sign up for the Bank Draft Program, you can contact the pay-by-phone service at 866-999-4593 and follow the on-call instructions. You can also set up your Bank Draft program through the SmartHub mobile app. Download the app on your mobile device to set up your Bank Draft program.
Pay Wake Electric Bill by Mail:
Pay your Wake Electric bill through the traditional mail method. Send your money order or personal check by mail to Wake Electric. The mail payment method is slower than the other payment method. Before sending the mail, make sure to add your Wake Electric account number on your check or money order. You can send your payment stub to the address below:
P.O. Box 1229
Wake Forest, NC 27588
Pay Wake Electric Bill via Phone:
Wake Electric allows the customers to pay the utility bill over the phone. You can make the payment right for your bank account. You can contact the pay by phone service at 866.999.4593 or Wake Electric’s call center is available at 800.474.6300 or 919.863.6300. Make sure to keep your account number and the bank details by your side. After calling on this number, you just have to follow the on-call instructions to make the payment for your Wake Electric bill.
Pay Wake Electric Bill in Person:
Make your Wake Electric bill payment in person by using cash. You can visit the customer service office, located in download Wake Forest at:
100 S. Franklin Street
Wake Forest, NC 27587
Pay Wake Electric Bill at Walmart:
You can also pay your Wake Electric bill in person at the nearest Walmart store. Visit any of your nearest Walmart locations with the payment stub to make payment. You can make the payment in form of cash, Walmart MoneyCard, or a PIN-based debit card. You should also know that they don’t accept the payment in form of money orders, checks, or credit cards. They will provide you two options, One Day Processing via Check Free and Three-Day Processing via Check Free. For making payment through Walmart, you have to pay a small processing fee. To find out your nearest Walmart locations, you can follow these simple instructions:
- You have to click on this link walmart.com/store/finder.
- Then, provide your zip code or city, the state on the given space.
- After providing your location, select the Set Location option.
- It will show you your nearest Walmart locations.
Pay Wake Electric Bill at Western Union:
Visit any of your nearest Western Union locations to pay your Wake Electric bill in person. Bring your bill stub to the Western Union location to make the payment. You can make payment in form of a cash, PIN-based debit card. For making a payment through Western Union, you have to pay $1.50. The minimum amount of payment they accept is $25. We urge you to make the payment through Western Union, five days before the payment date. It will be assured that the payment will reach on time. To find out your nearest Western Union locations, you have to follow these steps:
- You need to go to this link westernunion.com/us/en/find-locations.html.
- Then, provide your address, city, state, or zip code to find out your nearest Western Union locations.
How the Penalty Fees Work:
You have to pay several fees to the Wake Electric company. These are the following fees, that you have to pay to the Wake Electric company:
- Late Payment Fee: If you cannot pay your utility bill within the given date, you have to pay the late payment fees. For the late payment fees, you have to pay 1.5% of the past due balance.
- Returned Check Fee: If your payment checks return from the bank due to insufficient balance, you have to pay the returned check fee. For the returned check fee, you will be charged $25 per instance.
- Security Deposit: For the security deposit, you will be charged the total of the two amounts of the highest energy bill.
- Field Collection: If the customer service department, collects the payment amount from your doorstep, you have to pay the field collection fees of $20 per instance.
- Meter Investigation: For the meter investigation, you will be charged $200 per investigation.
- Reconnection Fee: If your service is already terminated, then you have to pay $30 per instance for reconnection.
Things to Do If You Can’t Pay the Bill:
If are facing a financial problem to pay your utility bill, contact the customer service department. These are the following assistance program is available for the customers to pay their bill:
- Budget Billing: If you are facing a financial problem, you can sign up for the budget billing program. You will be charged the average of the previous 12 months of electricity usage and charge that amount for 11 months. The 12th month will be the settlement month. Any unpaid amount, you have to pay on the 12th
- Leveled Billing: With the leveled billing, you have to pay your bill on average each month. The payment amount will not the same each month, but it will be more predictable. Before signing up for this program, you must have a $0 balance.
- Payment Arrangement: If you have a good standing account, then you can apply for this program. For more information about the payment arrangement, you have to contact the customer service department.
- LIHEAP: If you have a qualified low-income customer, then you can apply for this program. To apply for this program, you must meet a certain income guideline. For more information regarding the LIHEAP, contact your local Department of Social Services.
Wake Electric Contact Info:
In case, if you are having a problem paying your utility bill, you can contact Wake Electric for more information. You can contact the customer service department at:
Email At: firstname.lastname@example.org
Call At: 1-800-474-6300 or 919-863-6300
P.O. Box 1229
Wake Forest, NC 27588