www.hawaiianelectric.com – How to Manage and Pay your Hawaiian Electric Bill Online
Enlivened by an illuminated ruler over a century prior, Hawaii was an early adopter of power to light homes and force industry. The inventiveness in making and conveying power on these detached islands is a special story of development, availability, and reformist reasoning that proceeds today.
Hawaiian Electric serves 95% of Hawaii’s 1.4 million occupants on the islands of Oahu, Maui, Hawaii, Lanai, and Molokai. Set up in 1891, Hawaiian Electric is focused on enabling its clients and networks by giving reasonable, solid, perfect, and feasible energy. Enabling their clients and networks with reasonable, solid, clean energy.
Hawaiian Electric Services:
- Billing and Payment
- Electrical Services
- Safety & Outages
- Products & Services
- Community & Education
- Clean Energy Hawaii
Access to your Hawaiian Electric Account:
- Open a new tab in the browser and enter the URL www.hawaiianelectric.com in the address bar
- Next at the top right side of the page hit on the ‘Log on’ button.
- From the drop-down menu click on the ‘Manage my account’ button.
- Add the required login information and click on the ‘Login’ button.
Reset Hawaiian Electric Login Information:
- Visit the webpage www.hawaiianelectric.com
- Next click on the ‘Forgot password’ button.
- Next enter the user ID clicks on the ‘Submit’ button.
- For username, recovery enter the required details and follow the page prompts.
Register for Hawaiian Electric Account:
- Copy and paste the www.hawaiianelectric.com URL to visit the page
- In the login, section click on the ‘Register for online access’ button. Under the login spaces
- Secondly, enter your account number, zip code click on the ‘Continue’ button.
- Follow the page instructions to complete the account registration.
Hawaiian Electric Bill Credit or Debit Card Payment:
- To pay the bill through your bank or online you have to send your bill through your debit or credit cards.
- Contact Speedpay and you can pay the bill.
Hawaiian Electric Bill Auto Payment:
- For the auto, payment visit the webpage www.hawaiianelectric.com
- Next, you have to log in.
- After that, you can make the payment with a secure gateway.
Hawaiian Electric Bill Pay by One Time Payment:
- Go to the Hawaiian Electric portal by using the URL www.hawaiianelectric.com
- At the center-left side of the page click on the ‘Billing and payment’ tab.
- Next at the center-left side click on the ‘One-time payment service’ button.
- By using one-time payment, you can pay your bill online and eliminate paper bills by receiving it electronically. This service is free! Please allow 3 to 5 business days for payment to be posted to your account.
- Log in and hover over the “Billing” tab located in the middle of the top navigation bar and drill down to ‘Payment Options’. Click the purple ‘Schedule One-Time Payment’ button.
- Upon clicking ‘Schedule One-Time Payment,’ enter the payment date.
- Enter a payment amount (any amount less or equal to the balance due but greater $0).
- To add account information for payment, enter a Bank Nickname (a descriptive name to help you remember your account), the Routing Number, Account Number, Re-enter Account Number, Name of Account Holder, select Type of Account.
- Check the box if you wish to enroll the select bank account for Automatic Bill Pay.
- Click ‘Continue.’
- Once your one-time payment is submitted successfully, you will receive an email confirmation.
Hawaiian Electric Bill Pay by Phone:
- You must have the payment details to make the payment.
- You have to call on 1-888-813-2207.
- A $1.85 convenience fee and a minimum $0.01 payment will apply, with a maximum payment amount of $1,000 for residential customers. A $30.00 convenience fee, $0.01 minimum, and $5,000 maximum payment amount will apply for commercial customers. You have to allow up to 3 business days for your account to be credited.
Hawaiian Electric Bill Pay in Person:
- You may pay your electric bill in person at Western Union Payment Centers on Oahu, Maui County, and Hawaii Island
- Food Pantry, Foodland, Money Mart, PayDayHawaii, Sack n Save, Safeway, Times Super Market, Whalers General Store
- This service is free
- Your remittance stub is required
- All locations accept cash up to $5,000. Foodland and Sack N Save locations also accept checks.
- First Hawaiian Bank. A convenience fee applies.
- Molokai Community FCU. This service is free.
Hawaiian Electric Phone Number:
For further support call on (808) 969-6666. Oahu: 1-855-304-1212. Maui: (808) 871-7777.